|Move type||Average cost|
|Long distance (>1,000 miles)||$400–$600|
What is the cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?
What’s the Cheapest Way to Transport a Motorcycle?
- Move it Yourself. Get a truck or trailer and make the drive.
- Find an Independent Service. This is usually “a guy in a truck” who works on their own.
- Hire a Professional Service. These are companies who specialize in transport with multiple trucks and drivers.
How does motorcycle shipping work?
How does shipping a motorcycle work? Motorcycles are either shipped on an open trailer or in an enclosed trailer. Contact an auto shipping carrier to schedule pick up and delivery of your motorcycle to ensure it arrives safely to its destination.
How much does it cost to ship a motorcycle coast to coast?
On average, the cost to ship a motorcycle across the country is between $350 and $600 for distances over 1000 miles. For shorter shipments, the cost is about $180 to $300, and for coast to coast motorcycle shipping, the cost will average between $700 and $1,200, depending on your needs for the shipment.
How long does it take to ship a motorcycle?
The time it takes to ship a motorcycle is depends on many factors. If you’re shipping your bike state to state it will take less than 14 days, but if you’re shipping your motorcycle internationally, it can take up to 4 weeks.
Can you ship a motorcycle with FedEx?
1. Disassemble the bike. … *Some bike manufacturers have custom boxes for bikes that weigh over 95lbs. Custom bike boxes weighing less than 150lbs are accecptable at FedEx Office locations.
Can you ship a motorcycle on a plane?
Although shipping a motorcycle by plane isn’t as common as shipping it by ground transportation, it is a quick and safe way to have a bike delivered, especially to another nation or state. Nevertheless, plane transport tends to be much more expensive due to the efficiency and timeliness of the transport.
What is the best motorcycle shipping company?
Best motorcycle shipping companies of 2021
- uShip: Best for comparing quotes.
- Montway Auto Transport: Best for discounts.
- Motorcycle Shippers: Best for convenience.
- Haul Bikes: Best for bike safety.
- AmeriFreight: Best for price matching.
How much does it cost to ship a motorcycle across Canada?
The cost for motorcycle transport varies based on travel distance, price of fuel, and the needs to ensure the safest transport. The average motorcycle shipment costs $285 to $715 and travels over 1,000 kms. For shorter shipments, the range is $178 to $325 depending on the type of transportation used.
Can I ship a motorcycle on Amtrak?
Factory-model standard vehicles, extended vehicles (trucks, vans and 3-row SUVs) and two-wheel motorcycles are accepted on the Auto Train. No dual wheel vehicles, gull wings or scissor doors will be accepted.
How much does it cost to ship a Harley Davidson motorcycle?
The cost to ship a Harley varies based on the distance, the size of the bike, and the services needed to ensure safe transport. The average Harley shipment costs $0.60 per mile for shipments under 1000 miles and $2.40 per mile for shipments under 100 miles.
How much would it be to ship a truck?
Average cost to ship a vehicle on open transport